In the best facial steamer review of 2016 I have reviewed roughly 20 facial steamers.
Out of those 20 products my vote definitely goes to the Panasonic EH-SA31VP facial steamer.
It is not the cheapest model out there, however due to its size and effectiveness it is my favorite.
Best facial steamer review: Panasonic Facial Steamerc
The Panasonic facial steamer generates superfine nano scale hot steam in seconds. The steam can be up to 4000 times finer than what you see in any other devices. These are easily absorbed through skin, and moisturize the skin more quickly.
It opens and unclogs your pores and as a result removes dirt, oil and grime from your skin. It’s also used as an alternative to exfoliating scrubs and chemical peels.
Besides skin care, the steamer can also be used for interior humidifying in a powerful and efficient way.
A user’s manual is included with the product and it has a 1-year warranty.
The Panasonic facial steamer is built to North American Electrical Standards, 120V 60Hz.
It’s the best non-professional facial steamer to use at home.
It offers a short (3 minutes) and long (6 minutes) therapy session. This way, if you don’t have much time you can still go for a quick facial steaming.
- It is a quiet and easy to use device
- The nano-ionic steam is very effective on acne and blackheads
- Hot steam is quickly available after turning it on
- It has a certain scent during the first few uses
- It is a bit pricier than other home steamers.
In general what we found in our best facial steamer review was that the use and ease of the Panasonic facial steamer went way beyond what we were expecting. Due to the compact nature of the device, it’s very easy to carry along. If you are going for a sleepover somewhere or staying at a friend’s house. Or having a makeover party. This Panasonic facial steamer will definitely brighten up the atmosphere. As well as moisturize it!
As with any new device, the second you turn it on there might be some chemical smells. However I can’t honestly say I would never have had this happen with any device I’ve ever bought. I recently bought a blender that still smells a little chemical after use. However this smell level goes down very quickly after the first couple of times of use. Now I can’t say it would be there anymore.
Probably the main bonus of this facial steamer is the fact that it steams up so quickly. I haven’t noticed with any other facial steamer that they would’ve started to produce steam already so fast after switching it on.
How to use one?
You can use these clever little devices on a regular basis. However they are not a substitute for a proper cleansing routine. It is important that you cleanse and wash your face to remove any superficial dirt.
In order to start using the facial steamer you must first locate the water chamber. It’s usually placed somewhere near the base of the device.
Remove the cover of the chamber and fill it with the recommended amount of water. In our best facial steamer review we saw that you need to be sure to use purified water or distilled water, to avoid mineralization in the machine. If you use normal tap water all the impurities in the water will clog up your steamer over time. Ever had to decalcify a coffee machine? Same thing will happen to the steamer if you use regular water. Depending on the type of skin that you have, and the type of machine as well, you may add a few drops of herbal or mineral oil.
Replace the cap and plug in the steamer and wait for the steam to begin emitting. This may take a few minutes since the water needs to become heated before steam is produced. When steam begins to come out of the machine, position your face five to ten inches away from the steamer. Stay in this position for one to five minutes before taking a break and repeat.
Like a professional spa steamer, your home steamer must also be cleaned on a regular basis. We have found in our best facial steamer review that the cone portion of the steamer, which is usually detachable, must be cleaned after every use by washing. If this portion is not removable, it may be wiped down. Use some rubbing alcohol to disinfect the cone section. The water chamber must also be cleaned regularly. If it is not cleaned this will become a breeding ground for bacteria. The next time you steam these bacteria will come with the steam and latch on to your face. Something we want to avoid at all cost!
With the machine unplugged, wipe down the water chamber and any metal coils that are used for heating the water. This will prevent mineral deposits from building up within the machine.
In this best facial steamer review let’s go over some of the benefits the Panasonic EH SA31 facial steamer can provide:
- Deep Cleaning. The heat actually causes perspiration and when sweat is produced from within the skin the dirt and toxins inside the pores of the skin are pushed out. This allows cleansing from within the skin.
- Excellent treatment for acne. One of the reasons that people have acne breakouts is because of inflammation in the pores caused by dirt and oil build-up. Steaming allows these impurities to be pushed out of the skin lessening the chances for inflammation inside the pores.
- Boosts Your Natural Glow. The heat also increases blood circulation in the face area. This in turn increases the amount of oxygen within the area and causes better distribution of nutrients to the skin on the face.
- Makes the Skin Clear. Aside from helping to treat acne, steaming can also be used for blackheads and whiteheads. As the steam opens up the pores, the embedded dirt become loosened and is easier to remove.
- Exfoliation. The process also aids with the removal of dead skin on the outer most layers. This helps give way to renewal of skin cells and younger looking skin.
- Better Health. Aside from helping to enhance the appearance of the skin, the use of a facial steamer can also bring health benefits. It is used for sinuses and treatment of nasal congestion. It may also be used for allergies such as allergic rhinitis.
BALANCE IS KEY!
Over-usage however can lead to dry Skin. Heat tends to dry out the skin and too much heat can lead to chronic skin dryness. It can also trigger skin redness. Since steaming comes from heat, it can be normal for people with sensitive skin to experience some redness on their face after a steam treatment. Although this is normal and subsides on its own, not many people are happy with this downside.
Those with sensitive skin or skin problems such as acne can experience further skin irritation with too much heat. The heat from the steam may further worsen inflammation. This treatment must be used with care for those with skin problems and those without knowledge on how to use facial sauna steamer.
Hopefully with this best facial steamer review you now have a better idea what might work for you!