As much a we love a smooth clear skin, we need to make sure we use only the best products for the job. If you have oily skin, your skin quality is even more dependent on the right products. Using this guide to the best facial cleansing brush for oily skin, you’ve made the right step towards acne and blemish free skin!
Best facial cleansing brush for oily skin review:
Who says the best needs to cost the most? Our review winner in this review won them all simply because Pixnor makes facial cleansing brushes that are both affordable and long-lasting.
Pixnor facial cleansing brush and massager
People tend to stick to a very one-sided routine. Cleansing, toning, maybe some sunblock. However scrubbing is just as big a part in maintaining good skincare as washing your skin! The trick is to not overdo it. And when you do it, the aim is not to rip off your skin. That’s where these facial cleansing brushes come in. They are easy to use, offer gentle cleansing of the skin while mildly exfoliating at the same time. It’s like doing 2 tasks at once!
This Pixnor facial cleansing brush and massager is a great way for you to clean off makeup before you go to bed. It’s small and lightweight enough to easily fit into a travel-bag if you are staying overnight somewhere. It also comes with 7 interchangeable heads which each offer their own new addition to your routine. It comes with massaging heads and brush heads, depending on what you feel like or need! The Pixnor facial cleansing brush exfoliates and offers a deep pore cleanse as well. I suggest to use it with a BHA cleanser if you have oily skin for the maximum effect.
One of the heads is also a pummice head meaning that not only can you cleanse your face, you can treat your feet as well with the pummice stone!
To make sure you’re always using the cleanest brushes on your face, you might want to order the brush replacement pack.
- Amazon #1 Best Seller, making this the best facial cleansing brush in our list!
- Most cost-effective one in our review list
- The 7 heads offer an excellent smoothing effect of the skin
- Recommended for people with oily skin
- It’s waterproof durable, not waterproof, meaning it can withstand splashing, but can’t be used in the shower
- Brush heads appear to be low quality
- Not as powerful as more expensive brushes
Essential Skin Solutions Microdermabrasion Exfoliator System
Contrary to our best facial cleansing brush, this Essential Skin Solutions cleansing system actually is waterproof and thus can be used in the shower. It comes with a set of rotating brushes that will help you gently exfoliate. Using this with a cleanser is a great way of getting an extra edge on your evening skincare routine.
The kit also includes one hand-held cordless cleansing and massaging unit, a large exfoliating brush and even a pumice stone for smoothing out rough patches on your heels and feet. As it provides deep cleaning it means you’ll be less likely to have acne breakouts or blemishes. Also as it cleans the dirt from your skin rather than push it deeper, if you have deep laying acne, it’ll reduce the chances of scarring!
As it is waterproof I recommend grabbing the big massaging head and jumping in the shower to give yourself a full-body treatment that’ll leave you feeling silky smooth after!
You can get replacement brushes here.
- #1 Amazon best seller
- Not as cheap as our winner but still affordable at around $30 at most
- Variety of brush heads for different tasks
- You need to know how to operate this device as the instructions that come with the product are too vague
- Use common sense when using this device: overusing it can dry out the skin!
- Does not offer variable speeds and the speed it has is not as fast as others.
The fact that the speed is not variable or that it is not as fast as others is not necessarily a reason not to make it to our best facial cleansing brush list. Usually people tend to go for pretty rough treatments with their devices and as such tend to do more damage than good. Maybe the makers of the essential skin solutions kit saw this coming and decided to make the choice for their consumers? Who knows..
DDF Revolve Professional Micro-Polishing System
The DDF Revolve Professional 500X is so high-quality, professional dermatologists use this in their practices. It delivers dermatologist-grade microdermabrasion along with deep cleansing to increase your skin’s radiance and improve the look of pores. However as it is high-quality it comes with a higher price tag than some of the other facial cleansing brushes reviewed in this review. That is why it is our #3 in the list.
As it is such a high-quality device, its deep cleansing power can make a big difference for those with acne prone skin. Because the system comes with DDF’s own special Micro Derma Crystals, your skin will have a polished glow.
- Provides a deep-pore cleanse
- Smooths and polishes
- High-quality microdermabrasion
- Recommended for people with oily skin and proven helpful with acne!
- On the higher end of the price scale
- Although it offers better microdermabrasion, the results aren’t noticeably better than the ones you get with cheaper models.
Proactiv+ Deep Cleansing Brush
Procactive is a very well known name in the skincare industry. It’s known for its products that help teenagers (and adults!) with acne-prone skin.
In addition to making various cremes and ointments they have decided to come out with this Proactive facial cleansing brush. As Proactive’s competence lies with handling oily and acne-prone skin, so does this brush. This brush was specifically designed to help people get rid of acne once and for all. It gently cleanses with soft, tapered bristles to sweep away impurities without irritating your skin. This best facial cleansing brush offers continuous 360-degree rotation at two different speeds.
For best effect; use with a cleanser. It can be either Proactive’s own or then another such as Paula’s choice BHA exfoliant, especially if you have oily skin!
- Two speeds for different cleansing needs
- At the $40 mark it is one of the more affordable ones in our list
- Thanks to the soft tapered bristles it works really well on sensitive skin
- As the brushes are so soft you can use this more often than the recommended twice a week
- It’s not the most powerful one in our list
- People might not like the fact it is that soft
- Water durable, not watertight, so don’t use it in the shower
- You can’t use it to clean around your nose or eyes as the brush heads that come with it are too large
Clarisonic Mia 2 Sonic Skin Cleansing System
Thanks to special technology in the massaging brushes, Clarisonic’s patented micro-massage motion cleanses six times better than with your hands alone.
The patented technology works in such a way that it works with the natural elasticity in your skin to provide a deeper cleanse few other devices can provide.
This best facial cleansing brush comes with an in-built timer making it possible for you to take complete control of your cleansing routine.
Unlike several other cleansing brushes thanks to the technology and the softness of the massaging heads you can actually use this massager up to twice a day!
Clarisonic recommends replacing brush heads every three months. They offer a two-pack of replacement heads specifically for sensitive skin.
- Thanks to the patented technology it offers the best cleansing of all reviewed
- Extremely long lasting
- The in-built timer makes sure you can’t overscrub
- Leaves skin smooth and soft
- One of the most expensive cleansing brushes reviewed
- If you have sensitive skin I might go with the Proactiv cleansing brush instead
- In addition to the brush being expensive, so are the replacement brushes
Conair True Glow Sonic Facial Skincare System Brush
Conair is known for making a variety of skincare products. From facial steamers to cleansing brushes, Conair offers cost-effective products for at-home use.
The sonic technology in their best facial cleansing brush makes it vibrate at about 300 times per second. Just as an electric toothbrush offers a deeper clean than a normal toothbrush, so does this facial cleansing brush. As you move the brush over your skin, thanks to the vibrations, the makeup and dirt that might be there will fall clean off.
With regular use you’ll start noticing a change in your skin quality within two weeks. Add to that the cost-effective price of this device and you have a winner.
Unfortunately Conair is known for not always providing consistent quality, which is why it comes in place number 6 in our review list.
- One of the cheaper devices in our review
- Vibrating is less damaging than rotating brushes, so this is excellent news for people with sensitive skin
- Automatic timer alert
- It is actually waterproof so make sure to take it with you in the shower
- Conair is known for delivering inconsistent quality
- The replacement heads are not the cheapest out there
- Charging issues have been reported
- The pads are a bit too large for scrubbing around your nose and eyes
Philips PureRadiance Skin Cleansing System
Philips PureRadiance is the only cleansing system that has unique sonic technology with advanced dual motion. It is like the Conair one discussed above, however you have the rotation motion of the brush in the game as well, giving you a more effective cleanse.
As a downside you need to make sure that you don’t overdo it with this device as it can get quite rough. If you have sensitive skin, you might want to skip this one completely.
Due to the elaborate ways in which the device operates you get a real deep stimulation of the skin. As a result you’ll look more fresh and younger after use.
- Deep tissue cleaning
- It is waterproof so works excellent in the shower
- Philips provides many specialty brush options you can buy
- Due to the brush size it can easily clean the areas around your eyes and nose
- Despite the sleek design, the charging station looks flimsy
- In addition to the hefty price for the brush, also the replacement brushes don’t come cheap!
Soniclear Elite Antimicrobial Best Facial Cleansing Brush System
The Soniclear Elite has a sleek design and by golly are you paying for it! This facial cleansing brush is the most expensive one we have reviewed.
However there is more than meets the eye. This facial cleansing brush is made from special materials that prevent any microbial build up in the brushes and make sure the brush doesn’t collect any dirt as it cleans.
In this way in addition to the cleaning properties of the brush, you can be sure the brush itself is always clean. This only helps in making sure your skin stays blemish free!
- Anti-microbial material prevents any contamination further on
- Excellent design
- Three speed options, with a timer
- The most expensive one in our list
LumaRx Best Facial Cleansing Brush
The LumaRX facial cleansing brush delivers advanced cleansing to reveal your naturally beautiful skin.
The brush comes with 3 different brush attachments, one for either normal or sensitive skin and a third for massaging.
It’s easy on the hands and the long life battery allows for up to 30 uses on a single charge. Plus, it features a built in timer, so you won’t be having to guess whether you’ve used it too little or too much. That ensure you’ll get optimum results and radiant skin.
- Top rated by users on Amazon, and thus making it to our best facial cleansing brush list
- The small size makes it excellent for if you are on the go
- Fits easily in your hand
- Doesn’t feel as sturdy as others in the list
- Even the sensitive skin brush may be too much for delicate skin
- Long, soft bristles may not clean skin as well as others reviewed
Lilian Fache Spa-X Advanced Waterproof Facial & Body Cleansing Kit
This advanced skin cleansing system includes a state-of-the-art microdermabrasion cleansing tool with four waterproof attachments. Together, they work to give you a full body pampering.
In just a few weeks you’ll begin to experience healthier, younger, and more vibrant looking skin. Using this cleansing and microdermabrasion tool helps reduce the appearance of deep wrinkles and laugh lines and keeps your skin smooth, supple, and elastic.
It helps to repair damage from environmental toxins to free radicals. It even calms and smooths irritated skin to leave you glowing, relaxed and refreshed. And it stimulates collagen production for a more youthful looking complexion.
- Rated 4.4 out of five stars by users
- Great for your whole body as well as your face
- Comes with multiple heads for callus removal and more
- It is waterproof and suitable for use in the shower
- Head rotation is slow compared to some
- Saps batteries quickly
- Somewhat flimsy
- Face tool can be harsh on sensitive skin